The values of the Mountain View Buddhist Temples place emphasis both on ensuring the safety of our community and taking responsibility as individuals to look out for our collective well being. In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, our temple essentially closed from March of 2020 and as of August 2022 we are beginning to re-open with the following guidelines in place:
- Following CDC Guidelines for COVID Symptoms, Testing and Exposure, DO NOT ATTEND IF:
*Fever over 100 within the previous 24 hours
*Exhibit symptoms of COVID-19
*Tested positive for COVID-19 within the last 5 days.
- If confirmed exposure to COVID-19 within the previous 10 days, you may attend, but are REQUIRED to wear a high-quality mask (N95/KN95).
- Masking is STRONGLY RECOMMENDED for any indoor activity and RECOMMENDED for outdoor activity. Certain activities such as Services in the Hondo or Dharma School classes or visits to the temple office will REQUIRE masking. Masks shall be available if needed.
- Air Circulation/Purification was added to the Hondo and Dharma School Classrooms
- Hand sanitizer and masks are made available for anyone attending events at MVBT.
- Upgrade to touchless faucets were made across the MVBT campus.
- Electrostatic Sprayers with Disinfectant is available and is used after all large gatherings and also if gatherings are within 24 hours in the same indoor area.
- UV Light filters added to all Hondo furnaces.
- Food preparation/service will REQUIRE masks, in addition to other safe food handling guidelines. Any ‘buffet style’ food distribution will require servers (wearing masks and gloves) to maximize safety.