The values of the Mountain View Buddhist Temples place emphasis both on ensuring the safety of our community and taking responsibility as individuals to look out for our collective well being. In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, our temple essentially closed from March of 2020 and began to open in August 2022 with guidelines that are reviewed by the Board periodically. Guidelines updated effective 3/8/23.
- Following CDC Guidelines for COVID Symptoms, Testing and Exposure, DO NOT ATTEND IF:
*Fever over 100 within the previous 24 hours
*Exhibit symptoms of COVID-19
*Tested positive for COVID-19 within the last 5 days.
- Masking is RECOMMENDED for any indoor activity.
- Masking is REQUIRED in the Hondo and in the temple office.
- Masks shall be available if needed.
- Hand sanitizer are made available for anyone attending events at MVBT.
- Upgrade to touchless faucets were made across the MVBT campus.
- Electrostatic Sprayers with Disinfectant are available and are used after all large gatherings and also if gatherings are within 24 hours in the same indoor area.
- UV Light filters added to all Hondo furnaces.
- Masking is RECOMMENDED for Food preparation, in addition to other safe food handling guidelines.
- Any ‘buffet style’ food distribution will no longer require servers.
- Masking is ENCOURAGED for anyone obtaining food from a ‘buffet style’ food line.